Copyright 2006 The Coalition to Prevent Lead Poisoning
View Current
Marketing Campaign
Site Map Contact Us  Search

In 2013, 197 children were reported with lead paint poisoning just in Monroe County. Lead poisoning damages children’s brains and bones for the rest of their lives. We can all make a difference. We can make lead history. Throughout this site you’ll find specific things you can do to protect our entire community. See how easy it is to have your house or apartment inspected for lead, get your child tested for exposure to lead, or make your own home safer.


4/26/14: Finger Lakes Deaf Health Fair, Seton Catholic School, 165 Rhinecliff Drive, 10am-3pm

4/23/14: EPA Honors Work of Exceptional New York Environmental Leaders

4/22/14: Earth Day Event and R&D Student Competition Exhibition, Golisano Institute of Sustainability at RIT, 9am-12:30pm

4/11/14: Forum: “No More Toxic Housing: Creative Legal, Policy and Grassroots Solutions for Buffalo and Beyond,” at the University of Buffalo Law School.

3/25/14: PRESS RELEASE: Increase in Children Reported Lead Poisoned in 2013; Testing Up; New Concerns for Children with Test Results in the 5-9ug/dL Range (pdf)

Report by the Monroe County Department of Public Health recently published: "Declines in Elevated Blood Lead Levels Among Children, 1997-2011" Amer. Journal Prev. Medicine

We have NEW Lead Poisoning Prevention Brochures available in SEVEN languages--Burmese, English, Karen, Nepali, Somali, Spanish, and Swahili. CLICK HERE for downloadable PDFs.

Monroe County offers FREE one-day classes in EPA certified Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) through Cornell University–Industrial Labor Relations on Highland Ave in Rochester. Click here for the April-May 2014 class schedule.  This class is open to anyone (parents, contractors, property owners, tenants, etc) interested in working safely with lead hazards. Classes are free but space is limited. You must register by calling Cornell University-Industrial Labor Relations at (866) 850-5280 x109. For more information, please go to www2.monroecounty.gov/eh-leadpoisoning.php